Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 3. The Bathroom adventure.

 How the day started. Yuck. And burr.



So we had our fair share of bathroom fun on this day. Just passed a bathroom when Madison pipes up. "I need to go!"
Great. So check out a couple places, all closed for the season. We come up to a gift shop that's closed but there is a sign for bathrooms around back.
  I decided to take her out back. Through snow that came up to my knees. Get there open the door and where we hoped to see a toilet..... nothing. It is apparently being renovated. Of course it is blowing snow and my legs are now freezing, when i realize that was the Men's room. So there must be another one. sure enough around the corner another door. Open up and...... YAY!! A heated clean bathroom!! I decided it was a huge triumph and needed a Picture.








 Every one All snuggled up in there seats. The Van is sooo full you cant move. But its semi- organized! Changed everything as we went to make it close to perfect. I am sure it will be full of fun surprises when it gets all cleaned out.


Can you guess what that is?? Yep a lake. Superior. if you look close you can see an Island. Kinda took away from the excitement. But only a little. 









 Bathroom adventure #2 Poor newly potty trained Landon. He had been doing quite well. We had kept him in pull-ups just to be safe. Get past Madison's bathroom by about 20 mins, and "Mom I have to go potty!!!"
"Okay we will find you somewhere, hold on"

So we drive and drive, nothing. no buildings sheds nadda. We finally come upon a Motel that just our luck is "Closed for the season."  Our only option is for him to try to go outside.

Coming back hopefully having gone pee. Unfortunately he was to scared. I don't blame him he hasn't even gone standing up, let alone outside in the snow. I was very proud because when we did finally reach a bathroom. His pants were still dry!! Way to go Landon.









Another Picture of what I would imagine to be a beautiful Lake in the sun. Steve's favorite pic. And even in the snow quite majestic.






Nearing the end of our Day we were stopped for no apparent reason. However it became apparent once we rounded the corner. A semi had ran off the road and was on its side. Hope everyone got out okay.



The ice. A little bit.
Then we stopped for the night in Sault Saint Marie. I know it looks like Salt but its Sue. Saint marie. We took the family out to a place called Wacky wings. They probably thought we were nuts bringing our small children out at 9:00 to start dinner. Over 100 different flavors of wings!! How do you choose? After Landon knocked over his full glass of pop dinner arrived and it was awesome! Try it out if your ever in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment