Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rachael and Basilica.


So Rachael came to visit us!! It was really nice to have her here. Landon needed some extra attention and it did wonders! Unfortunately it was lousy weather the whole time she was here. In fact the day she left the sun came out only about an hour after her plane took off!
The oldest running sport in North America is the Regatta. Its held at Quidi Vidi Lake. We thought we should go check it out. I did not know just how popular this event was. We spent 15 minutes stuck in pedestrian traffic just to get to the spot I took this picture. Normally it would only take me 2 minutes. I also did not know that it was a whole fair too! Games, food, bouncy castles, the works. It was like a mini stampede, but with boats instead of Cattle. We had a good time.

ahhh, the goose! I had never seen a goose before. A Canadian goose, sure. I had seen plenty of those. Never a Mother goose kind of Goose! It was huge in comparison to the ducks. Plenty of fuzzy little ducklings too. I just cant get enough of them. So Cute! I managed to take a video of the races but no pictures. Sorry. I was too busy trying to keep track of everyone.
There was a band playing in time with the races. So as soon as a boat started getting close to the end exciting music would start playing! The kids and Rach had a fun time dancing!

Expensive. $3 a child for 3 mins. It didn't even end up being 3 minutes but it was being run by a kid so i wasn't going to put up a fight. Lame. I told them they could choose 2 things each to do. They both chose bouncy thingy and Cotton Candy.

Happy watching her siblings bounce. I wish I had taken more pictures but too many people = too many worries for me.
The Buskers festival was going to be this day so we dressed warm and headed out to enjoy some entertainment. We got down town to realize that it was postponed because of weather and moved indoors the next day. Instead of just heading back home we showed Rachael around down town.
Seeing what excellent shape I am in she thought she would get in on my daily workouts. (pushing the stroller) Workout she did. Downtown is one of the hardest places to push that thing around.

A super awesome wall we found. Tried to take some neat pictures but Madison wasn't really into it. Rachael is always a good sport.

Can you see why the festival was postponed due to inclement weather!


The best name of a ladies undies shop I have ever come across!! I laugh every time I pass it. If you cant read it, it says : The Boobie Trap!
Hungry and cold we went to The bagel cafe. We tried to go in the front door but there was nowhere to put the stroller and the one person I asked just pointed at a wall. We started to walk away and a man came out and told us to meet him out back and he would help us get settled. Once we got around back he let us put the stroller in their back porch locked it up and led us in to be served. I was very impressed and felt great. If only the food was as good as the hospitality. Which is strange normally its great food and lousy people. The potatoes were delicious. But that's about it.



Out the back of the restaurant are these painted trees. Anyone who knows me has most likely noticed my love of trees. I had to get a picture. Cammeron was the only one not scared of it, so she gave me a nice couple of shots! Thanks Cammi.
The Landon and Cammeron sized fire hydrant! Made especially for small dogs?

The court house. Its huge.
Below is what you see when you go up and look behind a little fence in front of the building. Just a huge moat thing. Looking down and not expecting to see a huge whole made my stomach drop. The picture doesn't do it justice. I can still feel that feeling when I look at I though. Crazy.

Madison coaxing Landon into do a "Modeling shot" for me! Her Idea not mine.

For anyone who watches Republic of Doyle you will recognize this. A typical passageway downtown St.Johns.

Oh yes, The Cruise ship... not quite what I had expected it to look like. There are quite a few ships that stop here for a few days.



St.Johns. I am going to miss how colorful everything is. Its like your not allowed to have 2 houses the same colours! Just after I took these pictures a big bus pulled up and a Bridal Party came out to take pictures. We stopped and watched them for a bit!

The Basilica of St. John the Baptist.
I must say I was in awe of the beauty of this building it is truly a work of art, however I did not enjoy being in there. I felt strange. It is really hard to put into words. It was unsettling. So many works of art that had great workmanship but were of Jesus while he was dying or while he was dead. I was just left thinking, But what about when he rose. What about when he went to see his disciples to them he lived again glorious and bright. It made me see how much I value what I know. My testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.










Kind of relieved to be out. Mind you, it was dark and there was not many other people there. I am sure at mass or during a wedding the place is a lot more beautiful. I was wanting a picture of my awake children and I but we couldn't get us all smiling at the same time.




The almost walk home. Everyone always makes fun of me when i push the stroller and say I stick my butt out. well its for good reason and I am not the only one! Thanks for helping me out with that one Rachael!

Just after crossing the street Steve called and we went to meet him at Ches's fish and chips. Cammeron was the photographer and videographer for this dinner!


I know its not much to look at but just listen to her talk! "Issaa" is Madison. "Nandon" Is Landon. She is getting pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment