Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flatrock and Farewell to the Van.

 Our Shoe Lover. She has worn every pair of shoes in the house. She is just starting to dress herself and she can put her own shoes on.
 Just a random picture of Madison. We went out to play soccer. Landon is a natural he can kick a ball all they way through the field not missing it once! We are signing him up for soccer as soon as we are home. Madison is also showing a huge interest in Dance so she is starting Dance also when we get back.

As a special treat for dessert I made cupcakes that look like ice cream. I showed it to them and they screamed for ice cream. And when they bit into it. I thought they would laugh and have a good time with it. But it was like they didn't even notice it wasn't Ice cream. Oh well they enjoyed it!
 Yes that is Marker on her face. One of the things she has started doing. Coloring on herself. I think she thinks its make up.
 Some friends of Joy had mentioned that we should go to Pouch Cove to try to see whales. It was beautiful but no whales. They have been avoiding us.  But we had a great time.
 He climbed down for a better view and to take some pictures.

 You can barely see him in this one.
 wearing the flower Daddy brought up for us.
 The harness.. Normally I feel bad having her in it. They kind of bother me. But I felt it was necessary. Being near cliffs and all.
 Some neat pictures.  I could have sat there all day just enjoying the sounds and sights of the water!

 Some of those pretty flowers
 I had seen a beach on the map that I thought we should go see but we couldn't find it. We did however find this lovely little rocky road. NOT! This road freaked me out. Huge rocks were everywhere it looked more like an ATV pathway.  After a few agonizing minutes we finally made it to the end of the road. That was all the excitement I could handle. I was a bundle of Nerves after driving that. I kept thinking I was going to scrape the bottom of  the car on a rock. Ugh. 
We did come to a place called Flatrock. I really liked it there. There was a grotto that Madison, Landon and I checked out. Cammeron was sleeping so Steve stayed with her.


 Plenty of stairs and it was quite steep. There was a large statue of Christ at the top and several pictures.
 The view from the top. Beautiful Ocean.




 Down in the bay we saw tons of mussles and snails. The kids enjoyed running around and seeing the water.




 The Splash zone! If a big wave comes up and you are standing anywhere near that spot you will get soaked. Landon and Steve got a  little wet.

 We drove for quite a while looking for a park Steve had heard about. We never found it so we had to find a different park. Landon is not a fan of swings and the tire swing is no exception. He was not thrilled, Steve was tickling him to get a smile!



 Fire hat and my flip flops.  What a girl.
 Saying goodbye to the Van. It served us well and we wore it right out. I don't know whats going on with Cammi having a mustache.  Or the water wing on her head.
So Long Van.

No comments:

Post a Comment