Okay, I figure its time to keep up on my blog. A lot has happened. Cammeron has turned 3! Madison is 7! Landon turned 5 yesterday! My kids are growing up. We are HAPPY! We moved. I know, what were we thinking. It wasn't something we wanted. We were not happy to be leaving our community and ward. I prayed and prayed to find a house and got no answer. I got a blessing, where I learned I wasn't getting any answers because I was supposed to be learning to trust and rely on the Lord. I don't want this lesson again.
Where we ended up is exactly where we need to be. Madison is in an amazing school. I am thrilled with our new ward. I have a best friend from high school right down the road. The best neighbors. Close to Steve's work. However I Desperately miss my friends and will be making a huge effort these coming months to
get down south and visit. By the end of the summer you will wish i would go back to the north!
Life is good.
Madison is amazing. She is smart. Top of her class in reading (its a 1-2 split) so we are proud parents. She loves school. Ethan ( our next door neighbor) and Madison have become fast friends and can always be seen biking in front of our house. She has lost a tooth and has 4 wiggly ones. For her 7th birthday she got her ears pierced (thanks to Auntie J and Uncle D) She picked emerald green flowers. She is bossy. I guess she had it coming though. I was bossy too. She often needs to be reminded that the other kids have a mom and that she has no need to parent everyone.
Landon has been doing well. His legs have not given him too much trouble. It seems to come for a few days and then leave. For those that don't know, he was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis last fall. At the tender age of 4. They are hopeful he will outgrow it. He is a Karate master (in his mind) at all times his limbs are flying every direction. He is super sweet and thoughtful. Some days I think whining is his favorite thing to do, but I am learning to distract and lessen it. He loves power rangers, too much probably. He likes to bike on his 4 wheeler, as he calls it. He is quickly gaining confidence. He is a good brother and is usually willing to share.
Cammeron is well... crazy. She rolls her eyes constantly usually with her hands on her hips. Says things like "whatever Mom" or "I am doing _____." She is hilarious. I say often she is the child who will give my grey hair but then be the one to make me laugh about it. She is getting tall. Has an angels face. Guess what?! She is potty trained! That was a hard trial. She wakes up every morning and asks if she can put on her boots and coat and go outside to blow bubbles. Talking to her is so fun. "Dad, just calm down okay" "ugh stop hugging" If you cannot find her she is probably outside riding a scooter or pushing a stroller with her babies(usually backyardagains).
Stephen is excelling in his work. I never knew someone could be so well suited for working with sadness and death. He is happy. Work is not a chore anymore! A Happy Dad makes a happy Mom which makes happy kids! He has yet to get a calling in our new ward (even though he has all but pleaded to be the choir director, our new ward doesn't have a choir, yet) We have both spoken in church and sang together. There is not much else to tell about Steve because since we moved all he does is work. That is a good thing.
I am well. I have arranged a driving route with a few friends so I drive 3 extra kids to school in the morning and then My neighbor Tom drives them home. Its nice to only have to go out once. They do zumba in my new ward so I am going to try to go to it. I feel like lately time has really been flying by.
Things are good at the Burkes.
Thanks for the update, it is great to hear you are settling in to your new home/life. We miss your family and hope to see plenty of you this summer at the lake---if summer decides to show up since spring is taking her sweet time.
ReplyDelete